Here are some tips to make the perfect brew:
- Begin with the world's best tea - ours
- Store tea in airtight containers in a cool, dark, dry place away from strong odors
- Use freshly drawn, boiling water (filtered is best)
- Don't overboil the water - like humans, tea needs oxygen
- Measure carefully - one rounded teaspoon of loose tea or one tea bag per cup
- Use 1 tea bag or 1 rounded teaspoon of loose tea for each cup to be served
- Brew as recommended in our products' enclosed instructions
- Relax and enjoy
|Though proper brewing method is essential, the quality of tea is even more important. Tea ranks among the most frequently consumed beverages in North America. It is also one of the least expensive drinks available. However, for most consumers, tea drinking involves using tea bags from a grocery store. An American tea expert once wrote that "the tea drinker, in such instances, is forced to choose between the mediocre and the vile." While that may be an extreme reaction to the teas made available in most local stores, the point can still be made that unique tasting, more exotic and more characterful cups of tea can be produced through the purchase of leaves from a small tea importer.
Major tea packers who manufacture supermarket brand teas blend their teas with the goal of producing a consistent flavor that can be mass produced and marketed. In order to achieve their particular "flavor," mass marketers often blend teas from 15 to 30 different sources. The manufacturers purchase the least expensive teas, in the form of fannings and dust, grown in the lowland areas which produce poor quality but consistent, mediocre brews.
To brew a perfect cup of tea, we recommend that you use high quality tea leaves from tea estates from the world's top growing regions, such as India. India is the largest tea growing region in the world and accounts for 14 to 18% of all world exports of tea. India is known for producing "the champagne of teas".
|History of Tea
Not All Tea is Created Equal
Tea for Health
Darjeeling the "Champagne of Teas"
Assam the land of "One-Horned Rhino"
Nilgiri the beautiful "Blue Mountains"
Gourmet Tea + Beautiful Packaging + Superior Service = Exceptional Value!